Apraxia of Speech & Evidence-Based iPad® Interventions for Children – Amy Skinder-Meredith, Shannon Collins & Angie Sterling-Orth
Are you challenged with how to diagnose and/or treat Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS)? Or are you already working with children who have CAS?
There are many characteristics of Apraxia of Speech… and some that can also be signs of Dysarthria. This can make diagnosis confusing and may lead to misinformed treatment, creating a lack of progress in a child’s development.
That’s why we’ve created this online course for therapist like you who are looking to advance their knowledge and skills. You will learn effective assessment techniques that will allow you to be more confident in your diagnosis… gain guidance with careful observation techniques pertinent to differential diagnosis and determining the relative contribution of various factors to the child’s communication disorder.
Through video case examples, demonstrations and evidence-based iPad® interventions, you will learn the assessment and treatment strategies you need to successfully treat Childhood Apraxia of Speech. Not only will you learn to improve speech and language, but you’ll also explore fun ways to incorporate speech therapy in a way that also promotes positive self-esteem. Walk away with advanced techniques to:
- Differentiate diagnosis of apraxia of speech from dysarthria, and other speech delays
- Implement rewarding and functional motor learning principals
- Develop a complimentary action plan using Apps individualized for students
- Incorporate phonemic and phonological awareness into motor speech therapy
- Create engaging and effective teaching approaches for all learners and professionals
Childhood Apraxia of Speech
Differential Diagnosis & Treatment
You will learn effective assessment techniques to ensure you’re more confident in your diagnosis. Get the techniques you need to begin effective treatment and provide ongoing results!
- Dive deep into the three main key characteristics of CAS.
- Differentially diagnose apraxia of speech from phonologic delay, dysarthria, and other communication disorders.
- Explore motor learning principles and how they apply to treatment of children with CAS.
- Implement treatment for children with CAS using Dynamic Tactile and Temporal Cuing.
- Incorporate phonemic and phonological awareness into motor speech therapy.
- Learn how to adapt curriculum materials for children who are unintelligible.
Walk away with the knowledge to identify CAS and develop therapeutic interventions you can begin using immediately. Get started today!
Evidence-based iPad® Interventions
for Speech-Language & Special Education Services
Create powerful connections using Apps that provide data-tracking, printing and emailing capabilities. Explore a variety of techniques that encourage children to participate in a fun and engaging way.
- Discover the key educational and field-specific impacts of the iPad®.
- Assess various iPad® applications using an Application Rubric.
- Explore the use of iPad® applications for specific speech-language pathology disorder categories.
- Design effective teaching approaches for all learners and professionals.
- Access evidence to support use of iPad® applications.
- Uncover the key essentials of the iPad®, related peripherals, and the process for managing Apps.
Apraxia of Speech & Evidence-Based iPad® Interventions for Children – Amy Skinder-Meredith, Shannon Collins & Angie Sterling-Orth Review. Apraxia of Speech & Evidence-Based iPad® Interventions for Children – Amy Skinder-Meredith, Shannon Collins & Angie Sterling-Orth download. Apraxia of Speech & Evidence-Based iPad® Interventions for Children – Amy Skinder-Meredith, Shannon Collins & Angie Sterling-Orth discount.