Clinical Applications of the Polyvagal Theory with Dr. Stephen Porges – Linda Curran & Stephen Porges
Are you consciously monitoring your client’s facial features and vocal intonation during sessions?
If not, you may be missing important therapeutic opportunities…
Since its introduction by Dr. Stephen Porges over two decades ago, the Polyvagal Theory and the Social Engagement System have provided a sophisticated understanding of the neurophysiology of emotions, trauma, attachment and self-regulation.
In this powerful online course, Dr. Porges bridges science and clinical practice to show you how the principles of the Polyvagal Theory and features of the Social Engagement System apply in the clinical setting.
You’ll learn proven strategies and effective interventions that build client safety and connectedness to mediate symptoms of trauma, PTSD, depression, autism, ADD and other mental health disorders.
Keep improving yourself today with this “Clinical Applications of the Polyvagal Theory with Dr. Stephen Porges – Linda Curran & Stephen Porges” course at only [75$]
Here’s everything that’s covered in this in-depth training:
In this comprehensive online training, Polyvagal Theory founder Stephen Porges, Ph.D., will guide you step-by-step through four modules of in-depth training to help you effectively integrate the transformative power of Polyvagal Theory and the Social Engagement System in your practice. Here’s what’s covered in each module:
Module 1 :
The Polyvagal Theory
- Principles and features of the Polyvagal Theory, and how to apply it in a clinical setting
- How the Polyvagal Theory can demystify several features related to stress-related illnesses and psychiatric disorders such as PTSD, autism, depression, and anxiety
- How the Social Engagement System is compromised by stress and trauma and how to reset it
- Evolutionary changes and adaptive functions in the autonomic nervous system
- Humans’ response hierarchy to challenges
- Three neural platforms that provide the neurophysiological bases for social engagement, fight/flight, and shutdown behaviors
Module 2 :
Social Engagement System and Psychiatric and Behavioral Disorders
- The “face-heart” connection that forms a functional social engagement system
- How our facial expressions, vocalizations, and gestures are regulated by neural mechanisms that are involved in regulating our autonomic nervous system
Module 3 :
Neuroception: Detecting and Evaluating Risk
- How our social and physical environment triggers changes in physiological state
- Understanding how adaptive physiological reactions may result in maladaptive behaviors
- Immobilization without fear
- Play as a neural exercise and listening as a neural exercise
- Fight/flight and immobilization defense strategies
- Adaptive function of immobilization and the associated clinical difficulties
- How the stresses and challenges of life distort social awareness and displace spontaneous social engagement behaviors with defensive reactions
Module 4 :
Applying the Polyvagal Theory in Clinical Settings
- Understanding auditory hypersensitivities
- State regulation as a core feature of psychiatric disorders
- Deconstructing features of autism and PTSD
- Strategies to explain disruption and repair of symbiotic regulation
- Identifying social cues that disrupt or repair defensive reaction
Keep improving yourself today with this “Clinical Applications of the Polyvagal Theory with Dr. Stephen Porges – Linda Curran & Stephen Porges” course at only [73$]
Clinical Applications of the Polyvagal Theory with Dr. Stephen Porges – Linda Curran & Stephen Porges Review. Clinical Applications of the Polyvagal Theory with Dr. Stephen Porges – Linda Curran & Stephen Porges download. Clinical Applications of the Polyvagal Theory with Dr. Stephen Porges – Linda Curran & Stephen Porges discount.