How to Help Clients Reclaim What’s Been Lost to Trauma
In the moment of trauma, both brain and body quickly adapt to help us survive the event.
But later, these adaptations can sometimes do more harm than good.
For instance, the nervous system may get stuck and shut down or go into overdrive without a client’s awareness or conscious choice.
To help clients take back control of their brain and body, we’ve got to be able to teach them how to calm their nervous system.
In this short course, Ruth Lanius, MD, PhD will give you specific interventions to help your clients recover what’s been lost.
How to Work with the Brain and Body to Reverse the Effects of PTSD
with Ruth Lanius MD, PhD
- How to Help Clients Emerge from Shutdown So They Can Feel a Wide Range of Emotions
- An Approach to Help Trauma Survivors Shift from a Fragmented to a Coherent, Integrated Sense of Self
- The Four Dimensions of Dissociation and How It Impacts Our Treatments
- How to Adapt a Body Scan for a Traumatized Client to Uncover What’s Going On in the Body
- The Neurobiology of the Shutdown Response (and How It’s Different from the Freeze Response)
- How to Help Traumatized Patients with Alexithymia (the Inability to Put Their Feelings into Words) Express Their True Emotions
Here's What You'll Get:
Everything is yours to keep forever in your professional library
- Downloadable video and audio so you can watch or listen whenever it’s convenient
- TalkBack Segment to distill key ideas (this is where we “land” the session)
- Next Week in Your Practice video to give you concrete strategies to use with patients
- Printable QuickStart Guide to make review and action simpler than ever
- Professionally-formatted transcript of the session
Get How to Reverse the Effects of PTSD – NICABM, Only Price $47
Tag: How to Reverse the Effects of PTSD – NICABM Review. How to Reverse the Effects of PTSD – NICABM download. How to Reverse the Effects of PTSD – NICABM discount.