- Successfully deliver sensory strategies
- Eliminate control battles, while keeping the child regulated
- Design sensory add-ons to classwork, homework and therapy
This workshop focuses on the art of working with a child. Using the “10 core elements of good sensory interventions” as our guide, we will discuss strategies for therapists, educators and caregivers to deliver sensory interventions. Topics include: grading activities for the just-right challenge; making the child an ally and partner in interventions; keeping the child regulated; ensuring the child’s safety; and setting up the environment. We will also discuss ways to seamlessly incorporate sensory input into the day.
- Describe the 10 elements of good sensory interventions.
- Design sensory add-ons to classwork, homework and therapy.
- Develop a solid rapport with the child.
- 10 core elements of sensory interventions
- Make use of goals, opportunities and creativity
- Build a rapport with the child
- Use the room as an ingredient for self-regulation
- Design interventions: keep the workload down
- Make it fun!
Tag: How to Work with Children: A Sensory Approach – Teresa Garland Review. How to Work with Children: A Sensory Approach – Teresa Garland download. How to Work with Children: A Sensory Approach – Teresa Garland discount.