Therapists are supposed to make clients safe and secure, creating a cozy haven from a cruel world, right? Well, when it comes to treating anxiety, there’s growing evidence that the quickest, most effective approach involves instructing them to ramp up their fears while telling themselves how much they welcome the experience. In this workshop, you’ll learn how to help clients shift their relationship with their fears and override the responses that perpetuate them.
- Explain how to rapidly engage anxious clients in the therapeutic alliance and change their mindset toward their fears.
- Identify why the first step to changing an overwhelming response to anxiety is accepting the perceived threat as something the client can approach and change.
- Implement strategies to help clients transform their fear into a challenge to be met or a puzzle to be solved.
Introduction to anxiety disorders and treatment methods
- Protocol to apply to all anxiety disorders
- Overview of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and other specific anxiety disorder treatment methods
Experiencing the treatment of anxiety disorders
- Video demonstrations of cognitive behavioral therapy in-session
- Summary and analysis video sessions
- Discussion of anxiety and trauma
Question and answer session with Reid Wilson and concluding remarks
- Final remarks about in-session videos
- Reid Wilson answers audience questions about treating anxiety disorders
Get Mastering the Anxiety Game: Teaching Clients to Welcome Their Fears of author Reid Wilson only price 29$
Tag: Mastering the Anxiety Game: Teaching Clients to Welcome Their Fears – Reid Wilson Review. Mastering the Anxiety Game: Teaching Clients to Welcome Their Fears – Reid Wilson download. Mastering the Anxiety Game: Teaching Clients to Welcome Their Fears – Reid Wilson discount.