Judy Belmont, MS, LPC, author of bestselling books, Tips and Tools for the Therapeutic Toolbox series will provide techniques to help your depressed clients gain practical life skills that they can use immediately. Implement powerful strategies to treat depression by adapting a variety of techniques from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Mindfulness and Acceptance and Commitment therapy.
Combat your client’s depression with innovative strategies such as cost vs. benefits analysis, the vertical downward technique, cognitive defusion, mindfulness visualizations and emotional regulation practices. Discover how to incorporate homework, mood logs and diaries in your between session treatment. You will also receive valuable handouts and diary/log samples to help your client track their moods, thoughts, and their progress.
- Integrate “hands on” techniques for dealing with treatment-resistant clients, including activities, visualization, reproducible worksheet and handouts.
- Describe the essential components of the effective therapeutic session.
- Identify powerful strategies from CBT, DBT, MBCT and ACT to help your client combat depression.
- Give examples of how your clients can effectively use behavioral and mood logs, tracking sheets and/or daily or weekly diaries to combat depression.
- Demonstrate how acronyms, metaphors, thought diaries and mood logs can help client overcome negative thinking related to depression.
Effective Therapy for Depression
- 7 essential characteristics of all therapeutic sessions
- Use of feedback and homework
- Emphasis on practice
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Perception is everything activity
- CBT boot-camp for your client
- Teach the psychological ABC’S
- The Downward Arrow technique
- Costs vs. benefits analysis
- Double standard technique
- Eliminate the ANTS
- Core belief busting
- Coping cards
- Checklist of common cognitive distortions
- Categorize negative thinking
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Defusion techniques
- White Room and conveyor belt metaphors
- Mindfulness techniques
- Using metaphors to heal
Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Acceptance and mindfulness tips
- Emotional regulation strategies
- Distress tolerance strategies
- Use of DBT diaries
Effective Handouts & Worksheets for Depression
- Depression screening inventories
- Daily mood logs
- Bibliotherapy and depression
Get 33 Tips and Tools for the Depression Toolbox: Using CBT, DBT, Mindfulness and ACT – Judy Belmont, Only Price $27
Tag: 33 Tips and Tools for the Depression Toolbox: Using CBT, DBT, Mindfulness and ACT – Judy Belmont Review. 33 Tips and Tools for the Depression Toolbox: Using CBT, DBT, Mindfulness and ACT – Judy Belmont download. 33 Tips and Tools for the Depression Toolbox: Using CBT, DBT, Mindfulness and ACT – Judy Belmont discount.