Join Susan Lewis, psychologist and attorney, for this must watch recording that will prepare you for litigation issues that can put your client, your license and your practice at risk. You will learn how to structure your practice to limit exposure of risk, as well as discover simple records, notes and actions that will protect you in the event of a complaint. Susan will provide you with the following take-home tools to minimize risk:
- Updates on HIPAA and Hawaii laws and regulations
- Risk management strategies
- How to avoid litigation dilemmas, complaints and malpractice actions
- Best practices in the professional relationship, informed consent and office policies
You will learn through problem solving discussions that are representative of actual ethical decisions you encounter in your clinical practice. The blending of Susan’s experience as a lawyer, work within the court system and extensive clinical experience makes her a hands-on, knowledgeable instructor! This seminar will leave you fearless and competent when and if you are faced with litigation.
- Explain the best practices in the professional relationship; informed consent, office policies and Hawaii limits on confidentiality.
- Discuss updates on HIPAA and Hawaii laws and regulations.
- Identify risk management strategies in clinical practice.
- Describe how to avoid litigation dilemmas, licensing complaints and malpractice actions.
- Summarize the Hawaii legal system to better your understanding.
- Outline the differences for treatment of minors.
Establishing the Professional Association: Scope and Limitations in the Clinician-Client Relationship
- Law vs. ethics
- Elements of legal informed consent
- Nuts and bolts of office policies
- Records vs. psychotherapy notes
- What to put in a record
- Limitations on confidentiality
- Hawaii case law & danger to others
- Hawaii duty to warn potential victims
Practical Approach to Risk Management
- Elements of consent
- Competence & scope of practice
- Boundary violations/crossings
- Issues with modern technology
- Texting, cell phones, e-mail, video psychotherapy
- Perils of supervision
- Licensing complaints & malpractice lawsuits
- Hawaii specific statues
- Hawaii rules and regulations
- Case law and how to find it
Understanding the Legal System
- Roles of attorneys
- Subpoena & disclosure of confidential information
- Depositions, interrogatories, expert testimony
Treatment of Minors
- Hawaii age of majority
- Consent to treatment
- Separation & divorce
Get Hawaii Legal and Ethical Issues for Mental Health Clinicians of author Susan Lewis only price 79$
Tag: Hawaii Legal and Ethical Issues for Mental Health Clinicians – Susan Lewis Review. Hawaii Legal and Ethical Issues for Mental Health Clinicians – Susan Lewis download. Hawaii Legal and Ethical Issues for Mental Health Clinicians – Susan Lewis discount.