About This Course
My goal as a professional artist is not to produce skilled and competent paintings. The word “competent” is boring to me. I want my paintings to show ME; my heart, my emotions, the things that bring me deep joy and fulfillment.
I have learned that I do this best by creating a joyful, playful space to create; one that allows me to attune myself to what is happening on the paper and respond intuitively. It’s an approach that is very immediate, and very fluid, and it’s so much fun. I get to paint for fun, and I don’t think that idea should only be for advanced artists!
We rob beginners of joy when we tell them garbage like, “Watercolor is the hardest medium,” and “You can’t fix mistakes in watercolor.” It’s like we are planning for failure!
So I’ve decided to change the way I teach beginning painters how to paint, and I’d love you to come with me for this series of lessons designed to help the heart-led beginning painter create a joyful, intuitive learning process. Yes, watercolor techniques will be taught, but our focus will start with the PROCESS, making painting a healing, inspiring place of self-care and acceptance. Join me in learning watercolor the heart-guided way!
What if heart-led watercolor could be the starting point, instead of introduced as an intermediate transition toward a personal loose style?
It can be done! If you're yearning to paint in a loose, intuitive style, you can choose a path that encourages that kind of playful creativity from the very beginning of your watercolor journey. Let me guide you as you learn how to paint loose watercolors that flow from the heart.
- Introduction to the Course (2:46)
- Supplies (4:10)
Getting started: Watch the Paint
- Wet in Wet Explorations (17:28)
- Technique Focus: Are You Using Enough Paint? (5:28)
- Wet on Dry Intuitive Play (13:20)
- Technique Highlight: Brush Water Load (8:38)
- Wet-in-Wet on Dry Paper: Peony Demonstration (6:54)
- Intro to Negative Painting (9:06)
- Negative Painting Continued (6:48)
- Pep Talk: What is the Learning Cycle? (4:55)
Working with Color
- Learning Color Through Play: 4 Mini Paintings (21:43)
- Pep Talk Part II: The Competency Ladder (6:34)
- Working With Form: Representational Subjects
- Waterfall Landscape: WWM Natural Wonders (27:50)
Section 2: Applying Artistic Principles to the Heart-Led Process
- Introduction to Section 2 (1:58)
- Everything is a Shape: Seeing Past the Object to the Composition Below (10:44)
- Edges: What Are They and Why Do They Matter? (12:13)
- Edges Part II (13:09)
- Understanding Pigment Ratios: Simple Landscape Demo (19:14)
- Using Value to Depict Form (9:50)
- Form & Color Theory: Figs in 3 Colors (16:31)
Wrap up & Next Steps
- Create Conditions for Future Growth (1:28)
Spring 2020 Live Lessons
- Feb 14, 2020
- Feb 18. 2020
- Feb 25, 2020
- March 3, 2020
- March 10, 2020
Get Learn Watercolor: The Heart-Led Way – Angela Fehr, Only Price $19
Tag: Learn Watercolor: The Heart-Led Way – Angela Fehr Review. Learn Watercolor: The Heart-Led Way – Angela Fehr download. Learn Watercolor: The Heart-Led Way – Angela Fehr discount.