Purchase Legal and Ethical Issues with Technology in Mental Health – Joni Gilbertson at Aibox! You get access to all files. Direct Download Link and No costs are incurred (No Ads, No Waiting Time, No Capcha). Our courses come with a lifetime warranty, we're always here to help if you need it.
Legal and Ethical Issues with Technology in Mental Health
A client goes on vacation and they want to schedule a session while they are out of state. How do you ethically and legally practice in this situation?
Smart phones are used for scheduling and for exchanging information. What happens if these phones are misplaced?
Emails are used to send important information to other professionals. How do we ensure the right person receives this information?
How do you ensure confidentiality of your clients in this digital age?
In today’s technologically advanced world it is difficult to keep up with the ever-changing laws and standards for using technology in our field. There are issues that are not clearly defined.
Joni Gilbertson, MA, NCC, LCPC, will use her wealth of experiences, real-life case examples, entertaining videos, and thought provoking scenarios to make challenging topics and concepts easy to discuss and learn. Be recognized for your experience and knowledge in compliance and ethics and technology and move your practice forward.
Watch this engaging recording and walk away being more confident with:
- New laws regarding using technology in your mental health practice
- What the code of ethics states and how to apply this information
- Navigate the gray areas and practice safely
- The ability to immediately apply the information and new skills with your clients near and far
- Articulate the legal and ethical codes that relate to utilizing technology while providing mental health services.
- Establish ethical practices to ensure safety when utilizing telemental health services.
- Consider ethical dilemmas clinicians may face related to therapeutic boundaries with respect to utilizing technology in clinical practice.
- Specify interjurisdictional laws and regulations for using technology in clinical practice.
- Consider cultural differences when using technology and articulate how this may inform the clinician’s choice of treatment interventions.
- Utilize an ethical decision making framework to recognize, analyze, resolve or prevent ethical dilemmas in your clinical practice.
Ethics of Using Technology
- Covering the codes
- Similarities and differences
- Competency and skills for using technology
The Benefits of Using Technology
- Enhance services
- Increased client access to services
- Convenience for all parties
- Financial benefits to all
Risks and Reluctance to Using Technology
- Safety concerns
- Trouble building therapeutic alliance
- Misunderstandings and misinterpretations
- Equipment failure
- Insurance reimbursement
- Baby boomer reluctance to technology
Safety Concerns When Using Technology
- Privacy of client and MHP
- Identification of client
- Identity fraud
Using Technology Across Different States
- Residency of the client
- License requirements
- Clients on vacation or going to college
- Services to other countries
- Distance counseling
Laws Concerning Technology
- Informed consent
- HIPAA and HITECH
Skype, Cell Phones, Computers and Social Media
- The HIPAA compliance controversy
- To text or not to text
- What the codes say about Facebook
Resources for Using Technology
- State licensing boards
- Federal resources
- Code of Ethics
Legal and Ethical Issues with Technology in Mental Health – Joni Gilbertson Review. Legal and Ethical Issues with Technology in Mental Health – Joni Gilbertson download. Legal and Ethical Issues with Technology in Mental Health – Joni Gilbertson discount.