This course is specifically designed for beginners who just want to learn the basics of painting
About this course
Held over one month, we will focus on basic studio set up, a cursory dissection of the different characteristics of paint, mediums and surfaces, safe practices for oil, color mixing, how to layer a painting, and thinking in three dimensions.
Originally created for oil painters, most of the concepts also apply to acrylics. Weekly live sessions via Zoom are held at 4:00 PM PST on Tuesdays.
You can choose or create a still life of your own or copy your favorite album cover. During the class, you will also get access to a community of all the other students.
I believe if you learn how to make one painting, you can make an infinite number and if you're anything like most people, you can easily get obsessed and take it to the next level. I hope to see you in class! I've included a checklist down below to get you going.
The class will begin the first Monday of the month and you will receive an email with all the information you need.
- Join the community!
- Weekly live sessions!
- What happens next?
Week 1: set up your space
- Your space
- First live session: new student orientation
- Paint sets & alfred maurer
- Palette, easels & dekooning
- The skinny on brushes & me
- Non art store essentials & guess the artist
- Mediums & herbert brandl
- My studio set up
- Safety and daniel richter
- Feng shui: setting your table
- Create/choose an image!
- Assignment week 1
Week 2: beginning a painting
- Overview: painting architecture
- Strategy: a quote by winston churchill
- Feng shui: setting the table
- Live session this week
- Lecture: painting architecture, the simple ground
- Spotlight: lisa yuskavage
- Daniel richter exhibition: simple architecture
- Toning a canvas: without solvent
- Demonstration: choose your toning colors
- Mapping an image onto a surface
- Assignment: this week
Week 3: layering & thinking in 3 dimensions
- Live session: this week
- Lecture: thinking in 3 dimensions
- Opacity/transparent techniques and pigments different effects
- Best practices: storing mixed color
- Layering: the oiling out controversy
- Assignment: this week, sculpting the shadows
Week 4: highlights, patterns: finishing a painting
- Final assignment
- Live session this week
- Demonstration opacity/transparency without solvent
- Studio visit with canvas maker/ artist sydney littenberg
- Lecture: the nudist & the chemist
- Your testimonial!
- Staying in the class or take it to the next level + coupon
Get Let's Paint – Kimberly Brooks, Only Price $59
Tag: Let's Paint – Kimberly Brooks Review. Let's Paint – Kimberly Brooks download. Let's Paint – Kimberly Brooks discount.