Are you struggling to effectively treat children and adolescents who may be experiencing behavior disorders, trauma, anxiety, and mood disorders?
Daniel J. Siegel, M.D, New York Times bestselling author and worldrenowned neuropsychiatrist, has developed the Mindsight approach, which provides a unique understanding of relationships, brain, and the developing mind. Built on decades of synthesis of a range of fields of research to help create the field of Interpersonal Neurobiology, his approach expertly illuminates the science of how the young mind is formed, and provides relational strategies that support brain integration to support healthy development and achieve optimal regulation and lasting change in the child’s or adolescent’s life.
Childhood and adolescence are important and distinct periods of brain development. When we understand the similarities and differences across these periods, we can better support the development of children and adolescents. You will take home practical skills for teaching youth how use to the mind to create integration within the body and brain, and within our relationships with people and nature.
Equipped with this knowledge and these skills, clinicians, educators, and parents are in a strong position to use science-inspired strategies to support the growth of well-being lives of children and adolescents to help them thrive!
If you work with children & adolescents, this is a course you do not want to miss!
Course Content Disclosure:
Course content will focus exclusively on the Mindsight Approach.
- Define mindsight and the framework of integration, and how it can help lead clients to health and wholeness.
- Identify three ways in which Mindsight can be taught during childhood and how to incorporate it into your clinical work.
- Describe the fundamental aspects of the essence of adolescence as is relates to clinical treatment and four steps to teaching Mindsight to adolescent clients.
- Explore how brain development affects child and teenage behavior and relationships and its clinical implications.
- Outline the ways in which the Wheel of Awareness can integrate consciousness and be used in childhood and adolescence.
- Explore five steps to strengthen the monitoring and modifying regulatory functions of the mind for better treatment outcomes.
- Apply Dr. Siegel’s Interpersonal Neurobiology based strategies, including the Mindsight approach, to help children and adolescents thrive.
Mind, the Embodied Brain and Relationships: An Understanding for Clinical Application
- The influences the mind, brain and relationships have on one another
- Overlaps and distinctions among these three aspects of human life
- Impact on the development of well-being and resilience
- Use the Mindsight lens for clinical assessment and intervention
The Developing Mind in Childhood and Adolescence: Strategies to Nurture and Heal the Developing Mind
- Neuroplasticity: The ways the brain changes in response to experience
- The power of neuroplasticity to transform lives
- The 9 Domains of Integration
- Strategic neuroplastic interventions
- Key elements that promote neuroplasticity
- The fundamental principles of Interpersonal Neurobiology (IPNB)
- Integrating IPNB into your current treatment techniques
- Harness the role of relationships in shaping the developing brain
- Clinical research implications and treatment limitations
Attachment, Resilience, and Childhood Development: Clinical Assessment and Treatment for Children
- The science underlying the categories of attachment
- How attachment experiences shape development
- Understand attachment for better clinical assessment and treatment planning
- Examine the role of relationships in cultivating a strong mind
- Techniques for neural integration and self-regulation
- Strategies for children in a clinical setting, at school and at home
Working with the Remodeling of the Adolescent Brain: Brain Remodeling During a Time of Change
- The essence of adolescent development
- Benefits and challenges of this important period of life
- Risk-taking, pushing-away, and sexual behavior of adolescence
- The myths vs. modern scientific views of adolescence
- Practical steps to building a more integrated adolescent brain
- Clinical strategies for staying present through the changes and challenges
- Mindsight skill practices to use with teens
Tag: Mindsight in Childhood & Adolescence: Strategies to Help Kids Thrive – Daniel J. Siegel Review.Mindsight in Childhood & Adolescence: Strategies to Help Kids Thrive – Daniel J. Siegel download. Mindsight in Childhood & Adolescence: Strategies to Help Kids Thrive – Daniel J. Siegel discount.