In this recording, world-renowned ADHD expert Dr. Russell Barkley highlights new insights in the diagnosis, treatment and management of ADHD. Packed with recent research and practical application, this recording is a must-see for anyone who works with kids and adolescents diagnosed with ADHD.
Follow along with Dr. Barkley as he walks you through:
- His latest research findings and what that means for treatment and management of ADHD today
- How to differentiate between ADHD and Sluggish Cognitive Tempo (SCT) – and why it matters
- Why an ADHD diagnosis lends itself to significant health problems and shorter life expectancy
- The evolution of ADHD as more than just an educational or mental health problem
- 14 best principles for managing ADHD in children and teens
- An update on the most recent evidence-based treatment recommendations
The content provided in this recording qualifies as education hours toward becoming certified for ADHD-CCSP through The Institute of ADHD Professionals, endorsed by CHADD. Visit www.adhdcert.com.
Don’t miss this rare opportunity to learn from a legend in the mental health field!
- Identify the health problems that are negatively affected by ADHD and how to use this knowledge to appropriately revise intervention approaches.
- Compare the diagnostic criteria of ADHD to the clinical features of SCT as suggested in the most recent literature.
- Specify 14 principles that will promote better executive functioning and selfregulation for children and teens with ADHD.
The Costs of Undertreated ADHD
- Why ADHD may be the disorder “behind the curtain” of significant health problems
- Risk factors: suicide, self-injury, obesity, substance abuse, diabetes and shorter life expectancy
- Your role in educating kids, caregivers and medical professionals on the health risks of ADHD
- How to broaden your assessment beyond the DSM-5® to include diet, nutrition, sleep and quality of life
The Future of Diagnosis and Treatment
- Dr. Barkley’s most recent research – and what it means for you as a helping professional
- Sluggish Cognitive Tempo (SCT) – ADHD’s lesser known, but just as prominent and debilitating cousin
- Comparing SCT and ADHD – Demographics, Comorbidity, Risks and Impairments
- Why SCT is often diagnosed as “ADHD – Inattentive Type” or “ADD”
- Crucial differences in treatment recommendations for SCT v. ADHD
14 Best Principles for Managing ADHD in Children and Teens
- Understanding ADHD as a disorder of executive functioning and self-regulation
- The latest evidence-based treatment recommendations for improving:
- Time management
- Emotional self-control
- Planning and problem solving
- And more!
- Recommendations on what to avoid – and why – with kids who have ADHD
Tag: Russell Barkley, Ph.D. on ADHD in Children and Adolescents: Advances in Diagnosis, Treatment and Management – Russell A. Barkley Review. Russell Barkley, Ph.D. on ADHD in Children and Adolescents: Advances in Diagnosis, Treatment and Management – Russell A. Barkley download. Russell Barkley, Ph.D. on ADHD in Children and Adolescents: Advances in Diagnosis, Treatment and Management – Russell A. Barkley discount.