Purchase The Healing Power of Emotion at Aibox! You get access to all files. Direct Download Link and No costs are incurred (No Ads, No Waiting Time, No Capcha). Our courses come with a lifetime warranty, we're always here to help if you need it.
Are you worried you're not handling your clients' emotions correctly?
For centuries, most emotions were viewed as weaknesses, irrational, and something to avoid at all costs. But recent research has proven how emotion can be a powerful tool in shaping our connection to others and motivating us to change. When therapists help clients deepen emotion, they attain better outcomes in therapy.
Too often, however, therapists haven't been trained on how to work with intense emotion in the consulting room and harness it as a therapeutic ally. And because many of us become uncomfortable when clients cry or scream in front of us, we're missing powerful opportunities for deep healing and change.
That's why we've brought together some of the field's leading innovators—Susan Johnson, Jay Efran, Rick Hanson, Diana Fosha, Joan Klagsburn and Ron Potter-Efron—for this online video course on the most powerful ways to make your clients' emotions allies toward healing.
When you enroll in this course, you'll learn:
- How to handle a client's emotions, even when they're unpleasant or out of control
- What to do when a client cries
- How to engage emotional clients in a way that helps them heal
- How to recognize facial expressions as an entry point into emotional healing
- How neuropsychology can help us understand emotion
Lean how emotion can guide your clients toward healing, and get the deep understanding and practical approaches you need to enhance your practice!
What's Included: 6 Great Sessions on Harnessing Emotion's Potential for Healing
Session 1) Harnessing the Power of Emotion in Couples Therapy with Susan Johnson, Ed.D.
Discover how to work more experientially and effectively with couples by learning to:
- Distinguish between primary and secondary emotions
- Understand attachment styles and use attachment theory as a road map for your couples work
- Identify power struggles, soften them, and reestablish felt connection between partners
- Encourage vulnerability by incorporating the 3 S’s—Slow, Soft, Simple—into your therapeutic style
- Use focused empathic reflection to reconnect, repair, and rebuild their bonds
Susan Johnson is one of the developers of Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), director of the Ottawa Couple and Family Institute and the International Center for Excellence in EFT.
Session 2) Bringing the Felt Sense into the Consulting Room with Joan Klagsbrun, Ph.D.
Learn how focusing can bring a new dimension of emotional exploration and effectiveness into your work by:
- Mastering the 6 steps of Focusing
- Developing clients’ capacity for self-acceptance and body awareness
- Helping clients find a verbal handle for their nonverbal states
- Accessing and recognizing positive emotion
- Using focusing to access wisdom and creative intelligence
Joan Klagsbrun is a psychologist in private practice, an adjunct faculty member at Lesley University, and has been teaching Focusing internationally for more than 30 years.
Session 3) When Your Client Cries: Do’s and Don’ts with Jay Efran, Ph.D.
Explore a new two-stage approach to working with tears based on:
- Going beyond the steam-kettle theory to understand the physiology and psychobiology of tears
- Recognizing the connection between tears and parasympathetic recovery
- Incorporating techniques that support the function of crying without being intrusive
- Focusing on the thoughts and memories that induce tears, not the feelings
Jay Efran is emeritus professor of psychology at Temple University and coauthor of Language, Structure, and Change: Frameworks of Meaning in Psychotherapy and The Tao of Sobriety.
Session 4) Our Brain’s Negativity Bias: Taking in the Good with Rick Hanson, Ph.D.
Learn how to mobilize clients’ underutilized resources and fortify their resilience by:
- Understanding how evolution biases us toward negative emotion
- Teaching clients how to savor positive experiences
- Developing methods for turning positive states into traits
- Assessing what resources and antidote experiences a client needs
- Maximizing brain change through self-directed neuroplasticity
Rick Hanson is a neuropsychologist noted for his explorations of the intersection of psychology, neurology, and Buddhism. He's the author of Buddha's Brain and Hardwiring Happiness.
Session 5) Healing the Angry Brain with Ron Potter-Efron, Ph.D.
Apply the principles of neuroplasticity with anger problems by:
- Understanding the distortions of the angry brain
- Teaching clients how to recognize their blame triggers and avoid 'tripping' them
- Learning how to help clients create a step-by-step brain change plan
- Exploring the effectiveness of tools and approaches such as journaling and group process
- Discovering how to get angry clients to sustain their commitment to change
Ron Potter-Efron is a clinical psychotherapist, co-owner of First Things First Counseling and Consulting, and director of its Anger Management Center. He’s the author of Angry All the Time and Healing the Angry Brain.
Session 6) Using Mindfulness to Accept Emotionality with Diana Fosha, Ph.D.
Explore how to use the therapeutic relationship to help bring enhanced vitality and awareness to your clients' feeling states by:
- Learning ways to witness and accept emotional processes
- Discovering the glimmers of growth in the midst of a trauma narrative
- Tracking moment-to-moment shifts in emotional connection through dyadic mindfulness
- Deepening the therapeutic alliance through meta-processing
- Recognizing emergent transformational experiences in the consulting room
Diana Fosha is the developer of Accelerated Experiential-Dynamic Psychotherapy (AEDP) and director of the AEDP Institute. She’s the author of The Transforming Power of Affect: A Model for Accelerated Change.
Click Here for CE Details
Get The Healing Power of Emotion – Kajabi, Only Price $54
Tag: The Healing Power of Emotion Review. The Healing Power of Emotion download. The Healing Power of Emotion discount.