Youth Athlete Assessment Specialist Certification
Stop Guessing To Determine If Your Training Is Making Your Athletes Stronger, Faster, More Explosive and Injury Resistant
The Youth Athletic Assessment Specialist Certification 2.0 is the IYCA’s comprehensive protocol for assessing movement quality and athletic performance in the athletes that you serve.
What Is The Youth Athletic Assessment Specialist Certification?
This Credential is a product of years of innovation and current research. The Youth Athletic Assessment Specialist Certification 2.0 combines:
- The IYCA’s proprietary Big 5 Movement Assessment. This Assessment screens 5 different movement patterns that are commonly deficient in young athletes and allows you to score those patterns to better identify limitations and asymmetries and program more effectively. The IYCA created the Big 5 Assessment as a more appropriate movement screen for young athletes that includes progressively challenging tests for each age and ability level.
- Sport Specific Testing Batteries. 9 Individualized Sport-Specific Testing Batteries that will allow you to assess and evaluate performance over time. The rest of the course will teach you how to create and implement your own customized batteries to meet the needs of your athletes & teams.
- Practical Application. The use of specific tools, actual case studies and real world application to better empower you to implement testing protocols and serial athletic assessment.
- Team Assessments. Quickly screen large groups so you can customize training programs even in a team setting.
- Advanced Assessment Techniques. Physical Therapist Dr. Greg Schaible has added 16 Advanced Assessment videos to help you understand and deal with many of the most common issues seen in athletes.
Who Should Get Youth Athletic Assessment Specialist Certified?
Any Fitness Professional or Coach who is developing program for and / or training young athletes should be Youth Athletic Assessment Specialist Certified.
This Credential directly addresses three of the common challenges young athletes are facing today:
- A growing emphasis on Sports Specific Testing as a means of evaluating athletic potential.
- One-size fits all training programs that don’t specifically address individual athletes’ needs.
- More Sport Specificity at younger ages leading to imbalances and overuse injuries.
If you’re coaching or training young athletes that are experiencing any of these challenges, then the Youth Athletic Assessment Specialist Certification will better equip you to serve those athletes and help you keep them injury free and performing their best.
What Are The Benefits of Getting Youth Athletic Assessment Specialist Certified?
There are a number of benefits to becoming a Certified IYCA Youth Athletic Assessment Specialist, including:
- The confidence that your programming is based on real world evidence and specifically designed to maximize results for each athlete you coach.
- The ability to identify imbalances, weaknesses and limitations in a matter of minutes so you can immediately begin addressing and resolving those issues.
- Positioning as a ‘higher quality’ fitness professional that doesn’t simply get athletes tired in workouts, but one who actually makes them better with each and every training session with evidence based programming.
- A tool to improve your business or career by having unique offerings that you can present to coaches, athletes and parents to immediately show them how you can help them with the things that are most important to them now.
- The ability to get better results, maximize performance and minimize injury in the young athletes you serve.
- The power to better prepare your athletes for the competition and Sport Specific Testing they will be engaging in.
While there are many other benefits to becoming a Certified IYCA Youth Athletic Assessment Specialist, the bottom line is this: it will make you better at what you do and allow you to better help the athletes you serve.
What Is The Learning Format For The Youth Athletic Assessment Specialist Certification?
When you decide to become a Certified Youth Athletic Assessment Specialist you’ll gain online access to the following materials:
Interactive Online Digital Manual – The official manual (delivered in digital PDF format) delivers practical concepts supported by the latest research. This interactive manual covers the following content areas:
CHAPTER 1: Youth Athletic Assessment Basics and the IYCA
- The Need for Athletic Assessment
- Establishing a Baseline
- Tracking Progress Over Time Training
- Why the IYCA?
- Foundations of the IYCA
- Continued Growth
- Other Resources
- Learning with Purpose
- For Review
CHAPTER 2: Long-Term Athletic Development and Serial Athletic Assessment
- Training with the Goal in Mind
- Divergent Beliefs
- Serial Athletic Assessment
- Improved Goal Setting
- Enhanced Training Motivation
- Reduced Risk of Overtraining and Injury
- Optimized Training Results
- For Review
CHAPTER 3: General Athletic Assessment
- Onset and Progression
- Functional and Integrative Assessment: The Big 5Guided Discovery (6-9)
- Learning Exploration (10-13)
- Train with Application (14+)Big 5 Scoring
- Other Isolative Assessment Tests and Measures
- For Review
CHAPTER 4: Sport-Specific Testing Batteries
- Administrative Guidelines
- Multi-Sport Assessment
- Multi-Sport Assessment Component TestsFootball Assessment
- Football Assessment Component TestsBaseball/Softball Assessment
- Baseball/Softball Assessment Component TestsBasketball Assessment
- Basketball Assessment Component TestsSoccer Assessment
- Soccer Assessment Component TestsHockey Assessment
- Hockey Assessment Component TestsVolleyball Assessment
- Volleyball Assessment Component TestsLacrosse Assessment
- Lacrosse Assessment Component Tests
- Tennis Assessment
- Tennis Assessment Component Tests
CHAPTER 5: Test Administration
- Measurement Errors
- Athlete “Cheats” or Compensations
- Environmental Factors
- Practice Trials
- Test MeasuresMeasures of Lower Extremity Power
- Measures of Upper Extremity Power
- Measures of Agility
- Measures of Quickness and Speed
- Measures of Fitness and EnduranceReferences
CHAPTER 6: Testing Tools and Tips
- ToolsCoach’s Eye Application
- Optical Timing Gates
- Just Jump
- For Review
CHAPTER 7: Basic Data Analysis
- Nothing to Fear
- Types of DataNominal Data
- Ordinal Data
- Interval Data
- Ratio DataThe Need for Statistics
- Descriptive Analysis
- Normalized Data and Relationship Analysis
- For Review
CHAPTER 8: Practical Applications
- Case Study #1
- Case Study #2
- Case Study #3
- Case Study 1 Discussion
- Case Study 2 Discussion
- Case Study 3 Discussion
- Closing Thoughts
- About the Author
Keep improving yourself today with this “Youth Athletic Assessment Specialist Certification – IYCA” course at only [65$]
Youth Athletic Assessment Specialist Certification – IYCA Review. Youth Athletic Assessment Specialist Certification – IYCA download. Youth Athletic Assessment Specialist Certification – IYCA discount.