The therapeutic challenges of trauma treatment are frequently reflections of dissociative symptoms and fragmentation, including problems with memory, impulsivity, shutting down or “going away,” paradoxical responses to therapy, self-destructive behavior, and self-sabotage. Because we tend to equate dissociation only with dissociative disorders, we may not be aware of subtle dissociative processes at work, especially in high-functioning individuals.
Join internationally renowned trauma expert Janina Fisher, Ph.D. as she will introduce you to a neurobiological model that conceptualizes dissociation as an adaptive mind-body response to abuse, neglect, and attachment failure—all precursors to borderline and other personality disorders, complex PTSD, and dissociative disorder clients. The treatment paradigm integrates traditional talking therapy methods with Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Internal Family Systems, ego state therapy, and mindfulness-based techniques to create a simple but effective treatment paradigm for working with our most challenging, complex clients whatever their diagnosis. An understanding of dissociative phenomena and the use of this new approach can effectively engage even our most resistant, overwhelmed, numb, or embattled clients.
- Describe the Structural Dissociation model and its implications for treatment
- Identify the somatic, cognitive, and affective markers of fragmented parts of the self
- Utilize mindfulness-based techniques to counteract dissociation-related symptoms
Introduction to Structural Dissociation Model
- Compartmentalization and the brain
- Animal defense survival responses
- Applications to trauma-related disorders
Implications of the Model for Treatment
- Ability to work with internal struggles and conflicts
- Making sense of paradoxical behavior/symptoms
- Capitalizing on the brain and body to decrease self-destructive behavior
Clinical interventions for stabilizing dissociative symptoms.
- Mindfulness-based techniques that address dissociative symptoms
- Re-organizing the relationship to dissociated parts
- Cultivating wise mind and compassionate internal relationships
Get Putting the Pieces Together: Trauma and Dissociation – Janina Fisher, Only Price $24
Tag: Putting the Pieces Together: Trauma and Dissociation – Janina Fisher Review. Putting the Pieces Together: Trauma and Dissociation – Janina Fisher download. Putting the Pieces Together: Trauma and Dissociation – Janina Fisher discount.